As many people’s work circumstances change because of the effects of COVID-19, Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is aware that some children may be in need of free school meals for the first time.
Families who receive certain any of the following benefits are eligible for free school meals.
- Universal Credit – with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Income Support
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit – with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 (with no Working Tax Credit)
• Working Tax Credit Run-On (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
• Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £1,320 for your child’s primary school or £935 for your child’s secondary school to fund valuable support such as extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. This is known as the Pupil Premium Grant.
This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed.
To check if your child is eligible, please complete this form.
Once you have filled it in, return it to any member of staff at your school so the school business manager can process your application for you.