Required from: September 2019
Location: Redcar and Cleveland
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: L25-31 (£72,119 – £83,528) + Assistance with relocation maybe available for the right candidate
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust wish to appoint a practising Catholic who is a highly motivated, enthusiastic, inspirational and forward looking leader who will take the school to greater success in the future. At Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary school, we ensure that every student is challenged to achieve academically and at the same time we provide for them to develop morally, socially and spiritually.
Sacred Heart Secondary Catholic school provides a comprehensive education for 11-16 year olds from communities across the borough of Redcar and Cleveland. Although our school maintains a strong Catholic ethos, we welcome students from backgrounds of other faiths.
Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary is part of the newly formed Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust, a family of 25 schools, a sixth form and teaching school from across the north of the Diocese of Middlesbrough. With more than 9,000 students and 1,200 staff, the Trust is now the North-East’s largest Catholic Trust and the second largest Catholic Multi-Academy Trust in the UK.
At Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary, we offer:
- A Catholic ethos where students enjoy and achieve
- A welcoming, orderly and caring school community
- An attractive learning environment with quality resources
- A Leadership Team, Staff and Governors who are dedicated, talented and highly motivated
- An opportunity to develop and drive a dedicated Initial Teacher Training Programme
- The ability to spearhead the Tees Valley Careers Hub as the Lead School
- A commitment to professional and personal development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from other establishments in partnership with our feeder Catholic primary schools in the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust
The successful candidate will:
- Have a commitment to Catholic education
- Be a person with drive and ambition who is passionate about the success and wellbeing of all students, with a strategic and innovative vision for the future of the school
- Be a person with a proven record of experience of successful senior leadership and the school improvement agenda
- Be able to encourage, challenge and motivate others to achieve outstanding practice
- Be able to inspire and enthuse staff, students, parents and the wider community
- Be an excellent communicator with outstanding inter-personal skills
- Be a willing team player in the school and with wider partners
- Be a person who will play a full and active part in the local community
If you would like to be part of Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary school family, you are welcome to visit us before applying. This can be arranged by contacting Rebecca Chambers, Executive Assistant at the Trust, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday on 01642 298100.
Apply Now! Click here for download:
‘Headteacher Application Pack for Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary’
- Leadership Role Application Form – NPCAT
- Rehabilitation_of_Offenders_Act_1974_-_Disclosure_Form – NPCAT
- CES Recruitment and Monitoring Form NPCAT
Closing Date: Noon on Monday, 11th February 2019
Shortlisting: Thursday, 14th February 2019
Interviews: Scheduled for Thursday 28th February – Friday, 1st March 2019
Applications should be emailed to add recruitment email address or hand delivered to Karen Clarke, Head of Human Resources: Mrs K Clarke
Head of Human Resources
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust
Trinity Catholic College 6th Form
Middlesbrough, TS4 3JW
Sacred Heart School is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Clearance along with other relevant employment checks. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.